A collection of facs about Hawaii and where to
find Hawaii facts on the Internet.
Facts About Hawaii
STATE CAPITAL AND LARGEST CITY: Honolulu
POPULATION: Greater than 1.4 million
SIZE: About 10,900 square miles (including 41% water)
POPULATION DENSITY: More than 200 people per square mile
HIGHEST POINT: Mauna Kea (13,796 feet above sea level)
TIME ZONE: ?
TELEPHONE AREA CODE: 800
LOCATION: South Pacific Ocean
Hawaii State Symbols
Information about the official state symbols of Hawaii
including the state flower, the state tree, the state
bird, the state fish, the state marine mammal, the state gem,
and the state song.
STATE MOTTO: "Ua mau ke ea o ka aina I ka pono"
IN ENGLISH: "The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness"
State of Hawaii Facts and Figures
Facts about Hawaii on the official State of Hawaii
Web site. Includes information about Hawaii's
islands, people, state symbols, visitor statistics,
government, economy, agriculture, exports, imports,
labor force, communications, education,
transportation, cost of living, taxation, housing,
energy resources, and other Hawaii facts.
HI Library System: About Hawaii (PDF)
General information and facts about Hawaii
published on the official Web site of the Hawaii
State Public Library System.
Wikipedia Introduction to Hawaii
Population of Hawaii
- Hawaii State Population in 2008: 1,288,198
- Honolulu City & County Population in 2007: 905,601
- Hawaii County Population in 2007: 173,057
- Maui County Population in 2007: 141,902
- Maui Island Population in 2000: 117,644
- Molokai Island Population in 2000: 7,404
- Lanai Island Population in 2000: 3,193
- Kauai County Population in 2007: 62,828
- Kauai Island Population in 2000: 58,303
- Niihau Island Population in 2000: 160
- Hawaii Population Density in 2000: 188.6 people/sq mile
1893: MONARCHY OVERTHROWN: 1893 January 17 |
1894: REPUBLIC OF HAWAII: 1894 JULY 4 |
1898: U.S. ANNEXATION: 1898 July 4 |
TERRITORY OF HAWAII: July 7, 1898, - August 21, 1959,
1900: ORGANIC ACT: 1900 |
1941: MARTIAL LAW: 1941-1944 |
1946: REVOLUTION OF 1954: 1946-1958 |
1959: U.S. STATEHOOD: 1959 AUGUST 21 (50th U.S. state) |
Hawaii State Government - Visitor Stat6istics
50 States Dot Com - Hawaii Facts and Trivia
Kid Port Dot Com - Facts About Hawaii
The Islands of Hawaii
Visitor Attractions in Hawaii
State of Hawaii Travel Guide